chocolate samosa: Your all-time favourite North Indian snack, samosa with a delicious chocolate filling is all you need to bring in the festivities with your family and friends.
Prepare chocolate samosa as a dessert or as a sweet snack surprise for a Diwali party and you’ll see your guests gorging over till the last bit. This is filled with delicious melted chocolate and dry fruits, deep fried till crisp and served hot.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Samosa
1 kg refined flour
350 gms desi ghee
10 gms black cardamom seeds
chocolate samosa filling:
500 gms chocolate block
250 gms almonds, roasted
250 gms cashew nuts, roasted
100 gms pistachio, roasted
1 kg sugar
2.5 gm garam masala powder
for frying oil
How to Make Chocolate Samosa
1. Mix together – refined flour, desi ghee and crushed black cardamom seeds. Rub the flour well in between the palms to incorporate the ghee well.
2. Add water slowly to it and mix the flour to dough kneading lightly. Cover and set aside until the filling is ready.
3. For filling, melt the chocolate over the double boiler and add crushed roasted dry fruits in it.
4. Divide the dough into small portions of balls of 30 gms each. Now, flatten each ball using rolling pin into thin sheet lengthwise.
5. Cut from between and fold in the form of the cone for filling.
6. Fill the cone with chocolate filling and smear water on the edges.
7. Bring the edges together and make a pleat on one side.
8. Bring back the peal and seal it. Make sure the samosa has been sealed well.
9. Finish making all the samosa.
10.Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
11. Add samosas to the oil and deep fry them until golden.
12. When they are half fried you can increase the flame to little high and fry until crusty.
13. Drain them onto a kitchen towel.
Recipe by – Chef: